Untainted Love . . .

Brake 5’s “LOVE” gift to you contest – WINNER  ~  Karen Theiss of New York!  Karen has won a Starbucks gift card and few other surprise items.  You can visit Karen’s store Totes and Handbags by Ms Karen at http://www.etsy.com/shop/mskarenny.

Love is a gift of giving and receiving – the exchange is sweet and sometimes life changing. How are you loving lately? Freely? Tainted? Stained by guilt, shame, or an obligation?

Valentine’s Day. . . brings a loaded definition.  Each has their own interpretation. For some it is:

a movie, a book, a visual ~ a song, a dance, three spoken words, a voice ~ an embrace, a kiss, a touch ~ a rose, a mist, a fragrance ~ a smile, a look, a memory

For some it is the idea of one person for a lifetime and saying “I love you” with each given opportunity.

Either way Valentine’s Day is a day to celebrate the lives of the ones we love; another opportunity – another day given to say “I love you.” with exclamation points!!!

But shouldn’t we be exercising this everyday instead of triggered commercialized motivation?

We each have been given the choice to daily love. I am not only speaking of ‘love’ relationships between a man and a woman but consider those between a parent/ child, brother/sister, co-workers, neighbors, friendships or the stranger that took your order at Starbucks.  A love lifestyle comes easily for some but not so for others.

What does love look like?  What do you say love is?

I am reminded of Misty Edwards’ song “Arms Wide Open” as her words depict the normal assumptions that society has regarding ‘love’. Love is – romance. Love is – for the lucky and the beautiful.  Love is – a momentary bliss. Some even say that love is like taking the black and white of everyday life and then adding a little color. Skeptics say love can seem to detour our day-to-day concerns into a temporary fade. Finding ourselves in a world that is quite different from our own. Bringing some of us to a place where we devoid ourselves of reality to only emerge into a checklist of suggested behaviors.

In a world where love is expressed in thousands of ways within diverse relationships – confusion can arise upon its true meaning. The confusion about the truth of love, can fog the heart bringing it to a place of compromise and complacency or taking it to heights of great expectation only to fall down that self built silver tower.

With the countless destinations that victories and failures of relationships take us we are bound to be tainted by the seemingly attributes they produce. When love is placed in the hands of wrong decisions or the mishaps of life we can sometimes become stained by shame, guilt, hate, rage, and a lower self-worth. These attributes of selfish love or love tainted by impurity become true love’s mate. A love that is tainted or stained can bring loneliness, emptiness, a void that only true love can fill.

“Self-inflicted shame is sculpted by failed expectations set by leading flesh with closed ears from the voice of truth. To walk freely, outspoken flesh must be quieted by the rising of the spirit within. For God knows where we are right at the moment our vulnerability is exposed. He is forever showering His love, mercy, and grace as He accepts us just the way we are.”

~ Insightful Reflections of the Human Kind by Jennifer Goodson 2012 © Copyrighted. All Rights Reserved.

When love is in the right place at the right time such feelings of joy, strength, and beauty are not only felt but tasted and seen. True love between a man and woman is the most beautiful experience two people can share. The love between parents and their children is something that is unconditional and life saving. The love we show towards a friend, a co-worker, or a stranger triggers a life of fruitfulness; a domino affect that is forever life changing.

Love expressed is more than a feeling or three words spoken. Love is even more than a commitment. Love is a choice of action. An action that speaks louder than any of feeling or words. Love can be shown without any one person speaking or touching another. Love can be found in a person’s smile, in their eyes, their laugh. The measurement of love can be seen in action through giving without thought of a return.

For those that this day brings memories or thoughts of present loneliness, pain, hurt, guilt, or shame know that God’s love surpasses all these inflictions. His love drives out the darkness that inhabits the caverns of our hearts.

God is the source and truth of real love whether it be between you and your partner or within in any relationship you reside. God’s love is unconditional and stainless. God’s love does not remember a wrong or hold a grudge. God’s love walks in forgiveness. God’s love is patient and kind . . .

God’s love is untainted. He freely gives and provides ‘untainted love’ to those willing to accept.  untainted – stainless; free from blemishes; free from evil or corruption (undefiled, unstained, clean, innocent, pure, {pure as the snow})

If His love for you is untainted than should there be any stain it is a stain made by His hand print upon your heart.

I urge you today to step out of the norm. Step out of where you have been in your ‘love’ life. Go beyond the worldly expectation of love and begin to overcome with the perspective of God’s love. Love not only created for you but a love created to share with others. A love that was given with a high price but was delivered to us freely. Who are we to withhold such a gift that was destined to be unconditional, fearless, victorious, and free? Walk in forgiveness towards others and of yourself. To love others you must learn to love yourself. Love yourself. Love others.

Embrace true love’s kiss and make loving an active outward lifestyle. You’ll find yourself devoid of stained inflictions as you open your heart and let true love’s voice take up residence within.

What does God say about love?

(1 Corinthians 13:1-8, 13 nontraditional presentation to make a point)

“Love–true affection for God and man, growing out of God’s love for and in us], these three; but the greatest of these is love.”
“And so faith, hope, love abide [faith–conviction and belief respecting man’s relation to God and divine things; hope–joyful and confident expectation of eternal salvation;”
“Love never fails (never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end) . . . ”
“Love’s hopes are fade-less (do not disappear) under all circumstances, and Love endures everything (without weakening).”
“Love bears up under (to carry; support; take responsibility for; be able to accept or stand up to; ENDURE) anything and everything that comes . . .”
“Love does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail.”
“Love takes no account of the evil done to it (it pays no attention to a suffered wrong).”
“Love is not touchy or fretful or resentful;”
“Love (God’s love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking;”
“Love is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride);
“Love is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly”
“Love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious  (prideful in oneself or one’s achievements, excessive vanity), does not display itself haughtily . . . ”
“Love endures long and is patient and kind . . . ”

“Even if I give all that I have . . . But have not God’s love in me, I gain nothing.”

Brake 5 blogs and all written works by Jennifer Goodson are © Copyright.  2008-2012.  All Rights Reserved.

13 Comments Add yours

1. Love to me is a 24/7 walk – not just one day a year. In the red letters of the Word, Jesus reminded us to love the Lord our God, with all our heart, soul, and mind, and our neighbor as our self – He went on to say that on these two commandments hang all the law and prophets. I pray that my walk each day, is a walk of love.

2. Elizabeth Aronson says:

Love is an action:) We’ve heard that so many times, but it is truth. 1Cor 10:24 is the scripture I am trying to live out right now.
    “Let no one seek his own, but each one the other’s well- being.”

3. Cynde McClain says:

The gift of love should be given freely to everyone that we come in contact by our actions, words, kindness, and in any way possible. All of us need to live and act in love and I pray that God will help me to do that 24/7 and not just for one day a year.

4. stacey nielsen says:

To me Love is everlasting, and it is a gift given to us from our father in heaven, he has trusted us to pass on this precious gift to others…. love the lord your god with all your heart…. love your neighbors as you love yourself.. simple, as i grow in a loving relationship with my creator, all other relationships grow… Love is like a garden, we have to tend to it everyday, water it with the word of god, pull out the weeds(thoughts that do not line up with gods word) Its a daily process and the more time we spend in our spiritual garden the bigger and brighter are our flower’s.

5. Love is something we have to work at everyday in our relationships with everyone. If we take the time to think of others and stay in the present and think of all of the good things instead of the bad we find Love in our hearts to share.

6. Karen says:

To Love and be Loved is what makes us who we are, it is more than want or need, but lifes breath.

7. Debi says:

I saw a new love for me this week as a newborn photographer, I walked into a room to photograph an hours old newborn son. When getting the info, I was struck in my heart, read on,,,
    Daddy’s name?…..well, he is a rape baby, so there is no daddy name, (totally not expexting to hear this) my reply was “Oh!” …….Baby’s first name? well he will be adopted so he only has one name, David. (what a perfect name) So I listen alot to mom and did a proceded with the photo session capturing some of his first moments of his precious life and fell in love with him. His mother shared that she was an addict and while she was high one night she had been raped. As soon as she realized she had become pregnant she quit using, although she told me more than once, I failed two times and used. I mostly listened and she shared how she knew, for her son it was the best choice for her to place him with this amazing family where his new mom was a cancer survivor and she could not have any children and they really wanted children, she knew it was the best future for her son. It is also an open adoption. She explained to me that the agencies said she could go to a rehab program where she could take her son if she wanted but she told me again, I used two times while I knew I was pregnant and what might happen if I kept him and I used again and kept using???? He would lose out on an amazing family that already love him. She wants to get help and knows that her son is a blessing from God and God has a plan for him as she had no prenatal care for him at all and he was born perfect. For those of you who know me you know this meeting was not without many tears from both mom and myself. Some people would be very judgemental about this mom who is an addict and was raped and became pregnant and chose to carry her child and even the fact that she used 2 times while knowing she was pregnant. But this amazing mom was told after her last child that she should not have anymore children due to the damage that was done to her body from carrying her baby. She chose to carry this child who was not conceived in love but was conceived in a most violent manner and chose to love her child. Then to bestow an amazing gift of love to a couple who could not conceive.
    In this day and age in which we live, in which life is thrown away and discarded with no thought as in abortion and child abandonment, we see a ray of hope, a ray of unexpected love in a most unusual form. The gift of life. I urge you all to pray over this little man whose name is DAVID and the birth mom and the new family who welcomed him to his new home on Valentine’s Day. LOVE UNMEASURED!

8. Sally Ax says:

I too love the Misty Edwards song Arms Open Wide. Many times we think that strings are attached to being loved, but God gave us the greatest gift of all, His son. No strings, no if this, then that, just unadulterated love. When I’m down, I focus on the love of God, and dwell on Psalms 91.

9. Wynnie Plocher says:

Love is God, God is Love. I am God, therefore I am Love. This is the spiritual belief that I hold. God is not separate from either myself, love or you. That is what Love means to me.

10. Barbara Fowler says:

Love should be unconditional, with no strings attached where the one who is loved freely takes it…How the love is received and shared is the next step. Our responsibility is to take it and multiply it by loving others in the same way. The Lord did that. He loves us and we take His Love and share it to others who will find a new beginning in Him.

11. CHRIS & ELLEN says:

So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.

12. Funny, how that coincides with how I felt on Valentine’s Day. I love to love everyday. When you realize just how much you are loved by our Father God through Christ Jesus, and how much of an active interest He takes in every detail of your life, love oozes out from you into the lives of others. One day just is NOT enough to contain all that.

13. Wendy says:

I have come to the realization that I don’t always love the way God planned for us to love. I get caught up in the “What about me?” phase. Even though I genuinely care about people and am compassionate toward them, I do become selfish and self-centered. Most of the time it happens before I realize it. This is where I think it is important to be aware of the choices we make. In order to guard against this type of behavior I’ve learned that, we need to put on the whole armor of God. Selfishness, taint, comes from the liar who comes to steal, kill and destroy. It’s important to be on our guard and ready, so that we can truly be aware of those God wants us to reach, touch, love in our daily lives. To not be so distracted by the world and our lives. My goal is to love others the way God loves me. Sometimes I fail, but I get back up, ask for forgiveness and go forward again.