Life Speaks . . .

“If we realized how powerful our negative words were to the atmosphere around us and how they affect not only ourselves but those in hearing/reading distance we may double think what we share. Thinking, speaking, or writing positive words, whether we ‘feel’ like it or not, will take our negative ‘feelings’ for a 180 turn.  It is better to mediate on and share the positive than to speak of the negative.  Our days are all about how we project what is on the inside of us. Start by stopping the negativity that runs so freely onto the tongue. Make today, a day that turns around quickly by the power of your words.”   ~ Insightful Reflections of the Human Kind © 2012 Jennifer Goodson

“A man’s [moral] self shall be filled with the fruit of his mouth; and with the consequence of his words he must be satisfied [whether good or evil].  Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they who indulge in it shall eat the fruit of it [for death or life].  ~ Proverbs 18:20-21 AMP

“You have minds like a snake pit! How do you suppose what you say is worth anything when you are so foul-minded?  It’s your heart, not the dictionary, that gives meaning to your words.  A good person produces deeds and words season after season.  An evil person is a blight on the orchard.  Let me tell you something:  Every one of these careless words is going to come back to haunt you.  There will be a time of Reckoning.  Words are powerful; take them seriously.  Words can be your salvation.  Words can also be your damnation.”  ~ Matthew 12:34 THE MESSAGE

All Brake 5 Blogs and written works by Jennifer Goodson are Copyright © 2008-2012.  All Rights Reserved.

Art work and print available by Artist  Januscastrence at Deviantart.com

5 Comments Add yours

1. Brake 5 says:

NEGATIVE… is always more powerful than positive so throw out as much positive as you can. You never know whats going to stick. Can you imaging how many lives you can effect just by saying something nice? It all starts with you…right here right now! Here…I’ll start….You are the “BEST” !!! You make a difference in this world and the world is a better place because you are in it! Now go share some of your awesomeness with someone that needs it! YES YES YES!!!!
    Posted by Steve Vigil

2. Brake 5 says:

How very true… I put a smile on my face and it is how amazing how many people smile back.
    Posted by Helen Burton

3. Brake 5 says:

Once my husband and I were in a small Sunday School class with everyone sitting around a table. The leader asked each one to take a turn and share how they were doing that day. As each person spoke everything was negative–someone was sick, someone was this, someone was that–it was getting more and more depressing. We were at the end and were actually going through a very difficult time but decided enough was enough so we said something like, “We’re doing great and God is so good.” Everyone looked surprised, but the whole tone of the conversation changed and the time became a praise time instead of a complaint session. The atmosphere definitely did change, and I’ll never forget how much better we all felt.
    Posted by Barbara Parker

4. Brake 5 says:

I couldn’t agree with you more Jennifer. I am also in the genre of inspiration, new thought, and positive energy. I’m a self published author who just wrote a powerful classic called Jackie’s Miracle or jackiesmiracle.com. It is a story of inspiration, change, and what can be done with the human mind regardless of ones circumstances and conditions as experienced through this troubled young lady, named Jackie, who was abused, neglected, engaged in a life of drugs and alcohol before going off to prison. It isn’t until her release from prison that she is mentored by her parole officer that sends the woman on a magical journey beyond what she ever thought possible. You’re free to check it out as I will check for your article. There’s also a movie trailer there as well which is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWf1QDsyPns At any rate, good luck to you and welcome to the club. Peace and continue doing what you’re doing. The world needs it.
    Posted by Emeka Iwenofu

5. Brake 5 says:

Jennifer, when I begin to think negatively about myself, I try to STOP immediately and not feed nor give power to those words. Rather, I tell myself the opposite of those negative words and conclude it with, “God doesn’t make junk!”

And because He doesn’t make junk, I have all the equipping and talents to be highly successful. That’s how God sees my life. That’s how I should see my life, too.
    Posted by Carol Brooks