Our God is ever constant in an ever-changing world. He is faithful, just, righteous, and holds all power in His hands. There is no limit to His power, His strength, and His wonders. We cannot place a full understanding of Him, because His vastness knows no bounds. Therefore, we cannot always understand His ways of how He answers our prayers or does not answer. We cannot fully know all that He has planned for us. For if we knew, all that He knows, we would come to our end and we would have no purpose for Him or for this life.
Prayer is the connector between our heart and His. Through prayer, we are able to commune with Him. Prayer allows us the ability to come to our Father’s throne and lay all our petitions, our burdens, and our thoughts before His feet. Prayer is the foundational bond between God and us. Prayer creates a powerful covenant between God and us. Without prayer, our relationship with Him will wither.
An individual who has a strong covenant with God walks in a confidence and authority in such a way that when they pray there is not a trace of doubt, but their prayers are filled with a tenacious (persistent) faith.
This brings this first newsletter of 2015 to its purpose. Personally, each year I take the first 40 days into a time of fasting, prayer, and daily communion. This year, I have invited many women of Brake 5 to join me.
This is your open invitation to join us:
- As we ‘detox’ our souls, bodies, and minds; building our relationship with God stronger and going to that next level of growth
- As we bring our burdens to the feet of Jesus
- As we bring our petitions before Him for our families & friends, our health, our finances
- As we pray for our country in which we live (87+ within Brake 5)
- As we pray for our national and local leaders.
A few others and I began fasting on New Year’s Day. However, many are beginning a fast on January 5 or the following Monday. It does not matter when you begin! Just that you begin! The type of fast and length you choose is between you and God; making sure, it fits within your lifestyle and health. Some girls are fasting 21 days, 40 days, and some can only fast one day a week. It really is up to you. The fasting period ends shortly before our WONDER 2015 conference for those attending I encourage you participate in some form as it will prepare you for our weekend together.
Speak Out Loud!
I believe speaking out loud and declaring the Word of God is vital for change to come within any circumstance. Declaration is speaking with authority the Word of God over a situation and one does not have to yell for a declaration to reach heaven. When we put our faith into action through our voice, it cuts the atmosphere with a two-edged sword. There is power in our tongue that births life or death. The enemy’s plans are revealed, shattered, and God’s anointing power comes into action. Chains are broken, hearts are healed, and lives are forever changed when we choose to speak declaring the Word of the Lord.
Declare God’s Covenantal Blessings over our Families – John Eckhardt
- The Lord will be with my family (Gen. 31:3)
- My family will not be cut off from the presence of God (Numbers 4:18)
- Let there be no root in my family bearing bitterness or wormwood (Deut. 29:18).
- Let there not be any among my family who will turn their heart from the Lord our God (Deut. 29:18).
- The seed of my family will be blessed (Acts 3:25)
- The word of salvation has been sent to my family (Acts 13:26)
- The Lord will send angels to accompany my family (Gen. 24:40)
- The Lord will prosper my family’s way (Gen. 24:40)
- The Lord will be God over my family, and we will be His people (Jer. 24:7)
- My family will give glory and strength to the Lord (1 Chron. 16:28)
- My family hears the word of the Lord (Jer. 2:4)
- The blessings of the Lord are upon the households in my family (1 Chron. 13:14)
- My family worships before the Lord (Ps. 22:27)
To read more of this week’s newsletter click here.
All Brake 5 Blogs and written works by Jennifer Goodson are Copyright © 2008-2015. All Rights Reserved.