It seems as of late more bad than good days have rolled in the front door and I can’t seem to get the back door opened fast enough. BUT as they say, ‘life happens’ and the marathon continues. Most days nothing that was planned was done and the things that were done were things that I wish I would not have had to do. Anyone visiting my world?
In all actuality, it comes down to . . .
Stress versus Presence
How much leverage do we give to stress in comparison to how much of God’s presence?
I know as a woman that is hard to not multi-task, not get involved in someone’s battles, not to worry about the finances, and the list is never ending.
NEVERTHELESS, there has to come a breaking point. Either we are going to allow ourselves to live in a overwhelming area of chronic stress that controls our lives causing us to blow up, give up, or LET GOD.
The latter is not always the easiest step towards peace because letting go is hard for most, as we tend to micromanage. However, the truth is that God is in the details! He is involved in every area of our lives the moment we invite Him in. Letting go of the reins is the only way God can pull in the raid of chaos. At these times, the best thing to do is to reach in and grab a hold of something so sound, so strong, and so encouraging for our life.
Time to Lean In ~
Proverbs 3:5- 6 says “Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.”
Don’t forget God wants His best for you even when the present doesn’t look like His presence. As we lean in, inviting Him into our everyday chaos we will begin to see how He transforms our chronic chaos into a masterpiece of His peace.
Psalm 52:8 says, “But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in and confidently rely on the loving–kindness and the mercy of God forever and ever. I will thank You and confide in You forever because You have done it (delivered me and kept me safe). I will wait on, hope in, and expect in Your name, for it is good, in the presence of Your saints.”
Remember, God’s presence is obtained by combining the spiritual with the natural – common sense things of life.
Here are just a few of my favorite stress demolishers:
- Let your ‘no’ be ‘no’ and your ‘yes’ be yes’. Setting proper boundaries in your life helps when it comes to making a choice over where your time and energy are divided. Putting your spouse and family before outside influences will bring order to your home and show respect to your spouse.
- Limit unhealthy relationships. Relationships that pull on your emotions physically can become exhausting. Unhealthy relationships drain your spirit man as you give and give when in truth you need to back off and allow God to do the work. There is a limit to how much you can help someone who is not willing to help themselves. Believe me, when they are ready they have your number.
- Eat healthy & exercise at least 3 times a week. Locate some of the amazing tips along the right sidebar of our newsletter. Some great tips from Shape magazine are given along with this week’s healthy eating tip. In addition, drink at least 16 glasses of water a day and lower your caffeine, sugar, and carb intake.
- Control your atmosphere. Ways to have the Holy Spirit invade your space – turn on some amazing worship music in the car or office. Take some downtime! I love doing my daily run/walks with Kari Jobe or Jesus Culture or maybe a little Skillet blaring in my headphones – it’s my time to find The Vine and I burn my cals at the same time! Moodswings gone!
- God has your back. Right before you walk into a stressful conversation – before opening that door and just walking in. . . Pray and Trust ask the Holy Spirit to guard your tongue. Your words speak life and death and you must walk in a place of His presence that you bring life and truth that creates purpose. No more emoting!
- Be Flexible. Make sure the list can be changed at any given moment but most importantly make sure that the list is realistic. Do not try to be super woman everyday of the week. That only happens for me once a week . . . and I never know when it’s going to happen.
- Lean into the Vine ~ Proverbs 3:5-6, Psalm 52:8, John 15:5
Praying for each of you and that your week is prosperous!
Keep smilin’ ~ Jenn
All Brake 5 Blogs and written works by Jennifer Goodson are Copyright © 2008-2016. All Rights Reserved.